Email to Fax won't work!!!

Impact Fax Server related topics

Email to Fax won't work!!!

Postby curtmorehouse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Using Impact Fax Server version 8.11 on a Windows 2000 machine. Faxing using the Impact Fax Client works fine, but Email to Fax will not work.

I have tried the email to fax function over and over and it does not work. I get the following message returned to my email...

=========================================
User not found! Only Impact Fax Server users can use the Email To Fax function!

==========================================

and the log says this...

08/26/11 16:28:03: POP3:New message received!

08/26/11 16:28:03: Cannot convert Email to fax. Email saved in: C:\Program Files\Black Ice Software LLC\Impact Fax Server\ERROR\mai98.err

Error nr.: 2

08/26/11 16:28:05: Start sending Confirmation Email message to curt@morehousetruckline.com

08/26/11 16:28:05: Confirmation Email message to curt@morehousetruckline.com was sent.

I have a user set up with curt@morehousetruckline.com as the email address and the Notification Email/SMS Address

why wont this work?
curtmorehouse

Re: Email to Fax won't work!!!

Postby agrden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:36 pm

I bet you are trying to send fax from e-mail client using plain text format. Change e-mail format to html and you will be able to send it.
Today we installed Impact Fax Server and spent nice few hours to discover that plain text format was the problem.
I googled "User not found! Only Impact Fax Server users can use the Email To Fax function" and found your post, where you had exactly the same problem as we had. Faxes from device were sending without problem, but those composed in outlook in plain text were returned with above error even if user existed at Impact Fax server configuration. Without touching IFS config we only chnaged e-mail format to html and fax was sent without returning error. Changed back to plain text - error again.
I hate e-mails in html format and personally I'm sending only plain text e-mails so for me above described problem is a bug not feature.
Also with above problem we can't sent faxes from pdfs. If we will send tiffs, everything is fine, but with pdf we have conversion error.
I have exactly the same Impact Fax Server version as you have, only difference is that we installed it on win 2008.

Hope I helped you and Black Ice will fix it soon.
Best Regards
agrden

Re: Email to Fax won't work!!!

Postby curtmorehouse » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:58 am

You are right! It didn't used to be that way when I had a previous version of IFS. I hope they fix it soon too, or else I won't be paying for the upgrade!

thanks for posting your experience. It's people like you who take the time to post that make the internet a great place to learn.

Curt Morehouse
W N Morehouse Truck Line, Inc.
curtmorehouse

Return to Impact Fax Server