Faxing Tips Version number:
Some Faxing Guidelines
- Send yourself a test fax before you send out the complete job. This will allow you to see exactly what your fax advertising will look like and will give you an idea of the transmission time of your fax.
- Using personalized faxes will substantially increase response rates. Use the Cover Page Editor included with the Impact Fax Broadcast to create personalized cover pages
Some basic design tips
- Very small text can be fuzzy, so try to keep font size larger than 9 pt, but not too large.
- Some fonts end up as narrow lines and become fuzzy so try to use the sans serif fonts and stay away from script styles.
- Images, line-art or text at an angle often look fuzzy, and fills more vertical lines.
Ways to Reduce Fax Transmission Time
- Avoid excessive use of black. - In general you should avoid large graphics or logos and refrain from using large font sizes, bold settings and underlining
- Plan your white space. - Faxes are transmitted as a collection of horizontal lines. Even one small bit of black on a horizontal line requires that the whole line be transmitted and printed. When finalizing your fax piece try to create your document in blocks leaving vertical blank space in between and avoid vertical lines or frames around the text
- Chose your resolution carefully - Faxes can be sent in either standard fax resolution (204 x 98 DPI) or fine fax resolution (204 X 196 DPI). Using fine fax resolution will generate a higher quality image, however it will double the transmission time.
Determining how long it takes to fax blast to your target fax list
An easy way to calculate the amount of time that it takes to fax blast to a list is to estimate a transmission rate of 1 PPM (page per minute) per line, assuming the document being faxed is mostly text and is standard fax resolution. For example, using a 2 port version of the Impact Fax Broadcast, your transmission rate would be 2 PPM. At this rate you could fax 120 pages per hour.
- *Best Solution* - License additional lines/ports for the Impact Fax Broadcast
- Send the fax broadcast without using cover pages. This will reduce the number of pages that must be sent, but will also remove that personalization feel.
- Refer to the above guidelines and redesign your fax piece.