MSI Installer for large scale deployment
The MSI installer for Printer Drivers designed for large scale deployment in Active Directory environments. With the Printer Driver MSI installer System Administrators can create custom configurations for every User on the system and register or activate the printer driver. The MSI installer will greatly simplify mess deployment and eliminates the need for customers to build custom installations.
The MSI installer is compatible with Microsoft SMS/SCCM, Zenworks, and Marimba.
Key MSI features:
- Add Custom Printer Name to re Brand the Black Ice Printer Driver!
- Pre-configure the printer driver using the INI file, such as file format, output directory, and more. Every feature of the printer driver can be pre-configured.
- Add Agent (Task printers) printers. Configure single or multiple Agent printer for a specific task.
- Email configuration of email provider, SMTP setting, User name, Password, Recipients, Subject, Email Body and Silent Email sending.
- SharePoint Upload configuration of login information, upload directory, HTTPS connection and silent uploading.
- FTP upload configuration of login information, SSL configuration, destination directory, proxy settings and more.
- Profile Configuration to use a specific document conversion profile with the printer driver.
- Automatic silent demo registration, and full version activation during the install
msiexec /i "[PATH]\BlackIceColorPlus.msi" CUSTOMINI="[PATH]\BuAiniNT.ini" REGNUM="XXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX"
Please contact sales for more technical details on the MSI installer at email@example.com.
Printer Driver MSI Installer Logging Registration Process
The Black Ice Printer Driver MSI Installer includes detailed logging of the registration process, in order to facilitate System Administrators and System Integrators to determine the success or failure of the automated Printer Driver Registration, in large scale deployments. The improved registration logging in the Printer Driver MSI Installer creates a BiPDMSIRegistrationDataLog.txt named log file automatically in the User’s temp folder.
(for example: c:\Users\Administrator\temp\BiPDMSIRegistrationDataLog.txt)
Requirements and Supported installation methods
Supported Installation methods using Group Policy Deployment;
- Assign to Computer (silent install)
- Assign to User (silent install)
Additional supported installation method;
- Installation from command line (cmd.exe)
Supported Operating Systems;
- Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows XP (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2/2008 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Citrix* XenApp (Citrix Presentation Server)/XenDesktop
* Hyper-V is supported.
- .NET framework 4.0 or higher
MSI Installers are available for the following Document Converter Printer Drivers:
- ColorPlus Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- ColorPlus X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- PDF Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- PDF X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- TIFF/Monochrome Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- TIFF/Monochrome X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
MSI Installers are not available for OEM Printer Drivers!
For MSI Installer availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.