Image and Document Imaging Development Tools Overview Version number:
Depending on what kind of project you are developing, we have several products which will aid you in this process. Below are a series of questions which which will assist you in determining which Black Ice products are ideal for your particular imaging project.
- You will need a Black Ice printer driver which can convert any printable file into an image file. We offer several different printer drivers to meet a variety of needs.
- If you are looking for support for TIFF images only, such as faxing or scanning applications, please look at our TIFF SDK/ActiveX.
- If you are looking for support for additional file formats, including TIFF, JPEG, EMF, etc. then please look at the Image SDK/ActiveX or the Document Imaging SDK/ActiveX.
- Please look at the Annotation SDK/ActiveX.The Annotation SDK/ActiveX is available as an add-on to either the TIFF SDK/ActiveX. or Image SDK/ActiveX and is already included in the Document Imaging SDK/ActiveX.
- If you want to convert any file (Word, Excel, etc.) into a PDF file then please look at the PDF Printer Drivers
- If you want to convert existing image files into PDF files, please look at the Document Imaging SDK/ActiveX.
- TWAIN scanning support is included in the TIFF SDK/ActiveX, Image SDK/ActiveX and the Document Imaging SDK/ActiveX.
- Please look at the Image SDK/ActiveX or the Document Imaging SDK/ActiveX.Both of these toolkits contain advanced image conversion functionality.
- Please look at the Document Imaging SDK/ActiveX. which contains several high level document clean up functions, in addition to a long list of additional features.
- Please look at the Document Imaging SDK/ActiveX. which contains over 60 filters and effects.
- Please look at the following products: Monochrome printer driver to convert any file into a faxable tiff file, TIFF SDK/ActiveX to display, manipulate and print tiff files, especially useful for the user interface portion of your application, and the Fax C++/ActiveX for the actual fax functionality.
- Please look at the Black Ice printer drivers, which include a batch converter module which can monitor a specific email address or directory and automatically convert files to image files.
- Please look at the Barcode SDK/ActiveX, which can be used with any Black Ice imaging toolkit or with third party imaging components.