BiCommandLineConverter Version number:
Black Ice Softwares BiCommandLineConverter is an easy-to-use and flexible document conversion tool for command line batch conversion. The BiCommandLineConverter can be utilized as simple document converter utility for commonly used document types. The BiCommandLineConverter available in the BiBatchConverter and in the OEM Virtual Printer Driver API/RTK.
BiCommandLineConverter can convert the following file formats:PDF documents, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint documents, MSG, EML, EMF, PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, FAX, DCM and web pages such as HTM, HTML and XML, XPS documents.
BiCommandLineConverter can convert files to the following file formats using the BiBatchConverter or Printer Driver:PDF, PDF/A, TIFF, Fax, HTML, XML, Text, PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF and more
To start converting files, Download and Install the Black Ice Software BiBatchConverter or the OEM Printer Driver API/Resource Toolkit on your system.
Open a Command Line as Administrator, navigate to the directory where BiCommandLineConverter is located and type a command. For examples please refer to Examples tab.
- Batch Convert files or entire directories
- Merge documents
- Split document by converting each page of the document to a separate file
- Can convert PDF, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint documents, MSG, EML, EMF, PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, FAX, DCM and web pages such as HTM, HTML and XML
- Can convert to PDF, PDF/A, TIFF, HTML, XML, Text, PNG, JPEG, BMP and more
- Set up wait timer to start documents conversion.
- Read a list of directories and files from a text file to be convert
- Set up “Converted”, “Failed” and “Output” directories
- Use predefined conversion profiles
- Custom File Naming templates
- Delete successfully converted source files
- Create detailed descriptive log files
- Parallel conversion
Some of the key features of the BiCommandLineConverter:
Note: Always use quotation marks (" ") for paths and filenames!
- Installed: Microsoft Word Documents (*.doc; *.dot; *.rtf; *.docx; *.dotx)
- Installed: Microsoft Excel Documents (*.xls; *.xlsx; *.xlsb)
- Installed: Microsoft Power Point Documents (*.pps; *.ppt; *.ppsx)
- Installed: Microsoft Visio Documents (*.vst; *.vsd; *.vss; *.vtx; *. vdx; *.vsx)
- Installed: Adobe Reader 10 or higher for PDF Documents (*.pdf)
- Installed: Microsoft Word for text Documents (*.txt)
- Installed: Internet Explorer (recommended version 8 or higher) for HTML Documents (*.htm, *.html)
- Installed: Image Documents (*.tif;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.bmp;*.gif;*.png,*.dcm)
Convert a single file with the selected Black Ice PDF Printer Driver:
Convert a single file from a network directory with the default printer on the computer:
Convert a single file from a network directory to network with the default printer driver:
Convert a single file with the selected Black Ice PDF Printer Driver.
Convert a directory
Convert a directory and specify the CONVERTED and FAILED directories.
Merge multiple files from a directory to a single multipage document.
Convert/Split multipage document to single page tiff files.
Convert with a selected profile file
Convert with a predefined profile
Remove the original source file after successfully converted.
Enable multiple instance (parallel conversion)
Check required programs.
- BiPrintOffice.exe for printing MS Word, Excel and TXT documents
- BiPrintXPS.exe for printing XPS documents
- BiPrintHTML.exe for printing HTML documents
- BiPrintPDF.exe for printing PDF documents
By default, the exe files are located in [RTK Installation Folder]\[RTK 32/64 bit]\Samples directory
BiCommandLineConverter can convert the following file types:
Notes: Black Ice Image SDK is NOT included with the Printer Drivers and requires a separate license. Technical details please see Using the Image SDK 12.x.x with the RTK.
Files needed for redistribution:
The files mentioned below must be in the same directory as the BiCommandLineConverter.exe.
Multi-user parallel printing conversion requirements: