The TIFF/Monochrome X1 Virtual Printer is a Windows® printer that creates TIFF or Fax document from any Windows application that is capable of printing.
The TIFF X1 Printer Driver gives users flexible options to create HIPAA compliant TIFF files, or save, email, redirect printing, OCR, or Merge documents to a TIFF, or a Fax file.
In addition, the TIFF X1 Printer Driver allows users to send documents via Email, Upload documents to SharePoint, FTP/SFTP/FTPS, HTTP/HTTPS sites, M-Files, or a Database, and also create several configurable Barcode types on printed documents.
The TIFF X1 Printer Driver is the fastest high-volume virtual printer driver with a large selection of sophisticated features, while still keeping an easy-to-use simple human interface.
Install and Configure Printer Driver easily
Black Ice TIFF/Monochrome X1 Printer Driver installation takes only a few minutes, and once it's installed, the TIFF/Monochrome X1 printer driver can be used just like any regular printer. To use the TIFF/Monochrome X1 printer driver, just print to the TIFF/Monochrome X1 printer driver from any Windows application.
Easily configurable silent MSI installers are available from InstallShield or Microsoft, for large-scale mass deployment.
Convert to TIFF from any application capable of printing
One can print to the Black Ice TIFF X1 Printer Driver from every Windows application capable of printing, for example Adobe Reader, MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Image Viewers, Internet Browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and more!
Optical Character Recognition for Scanned documents
Black Ice TIFF X1 Printer Driver is capable of converting scanned documents, such as Fax, TIFF, DICOM, JPEG into an editable text file by using Optical Character Recognition.
It is widely used as a form of digital document processing for documents stored in Image file format such as Fax, TIFF, DICOM, JPEG, to store, archive any kind of document such as invoices, medical records, sales receipts, mail, or scanned documents.
The Black Ice TIFF/Monochrome X1 printer driver, combined with the Resource Tool Kit – Application Programming Interface (API), offers developers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) the capability to integrate, customize, or build advanced document management systems. The Resource Tool Kit – API is a collection of utilities and sample source codes for sophisticated developers to build state-of-the-art business solutions.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 11 64 bit
Windows 10 32/64 bit
Windows 8.1 32/64 bit
Windows 7 32/64 bit
Windows Server 2022
Windows Server 2019
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2012
Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
VMware Horizon + ThinApp
Microsoft Hyper-V, Hyper-V VDI
X1 Printer Driver General Features
X1 Printer Driver Advanced Features
Print Documents from OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive
Barcode Printing Key Features
Barcode Printing Business Solutions
Content based Barcode printing for regular receipts;
Content based Barcode printing for accounting products;
The Printer Driver API
- End-User for Desktop
- Windows/Citrix Server
- OEM for Developers
TIFF X1 Printer Driver pricing
Black Ice TIFF X1 Printer Drivers are licensed in several ways depending upon your needs. Black Ice Software offers different licensing models for corporate users and End Users. For more information, please visit the What license do I need? page.
Printer Driver is an annual subscription. A single license is valid for a single PC on Windows 11/10/8/7 operating systems for one year. For multiple users on the same PC, no additional licenses are required. For installations on different PCs, you will need enough licenses to cover the total number of PCs.*
* Prices subject to change without notice
Black Ice Software, LLC
950 Peninsula Corp Circle Suite 2017
Boca Raton, FL 33487
- Upgrade the Printer Driver without reboot while preserving the user settings using the MSI installer
- Automatic silent installation
- Automatic register/activate the Printer driver with a serial number
- Install the Printer driver for evaluation.
- Configure installation target directory.
- Configure the registration of the printer driver with Black Ice license server:
- 443 port with SSL (default)
- 80 port without SSL
- 3500 port without SSL
- 15000 port without SSL
- Configure the connection to license server with proxy server.
- Not using proxy server (default)
- Attempt to discover automatic proxy
- Use HTTP proxy
- Use SOCKS proxy
- Change the printer driver display name to a user defined name
- Configure the default printer.
- Keep the user current Default Printer (default).
- Set Printer Driver to be the Default Printer for current user only.
- Set Printer Driver to be the Default Printer for every users
- Pre-configure the Send printed document in email feature.
- Pre-configure the Upload to FTP feature
- Pre-configure the Add Cover Page feature
- Enable or disable Printer manager
- Install Printer driver without Printer Manager.
- Install Printer driver with old Printer Manager C++ version.
- Install Printer driver with Printer Manager C# version (Default).
- Add Agent (Task printers) printers.
- Pre-configure single or multiple Agent printer for a specific task.
- Pre-configure the printer driver using the configuration ini file.
- Such as file format, output directory, and more. Every feature of the printer driver can be pre-configured.
- Use Profile file to Configuration the printer.
- Hide Printer driver Printing Preferences Tab(s) from Users.
- Hide the Upload and Email Options from Users on the Printer driver Printing Preferences.
- Assign to Computer (silent install)
- Assign to User (silent install)
- Installation from command line (cmd.exe)
- .NET framework 4.0 or higher (Only required for Microsoft MSI installer)
- ColorPlus Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- ColorPlus X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- PDF Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- PDF X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- TIFF/Monochrome Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
- TIFF/Monochrome X1 Printer Driver for both Desktop and Server
MSI Installer for large scale deployment
The MSI installer for Printer Drivers designed for large scale deployment in Active Directory environments. With the Printer Driver MSI installer System Administrators can create custom configurations for every User on the system and register or activate the printer driver. The MSI installer will greatly simplify mess deployment and eliminates the need for customers to build custom installations.
New InstallShield MSI installers! No .NET framework installation required!
The Black Ice Printer Drivers are also available in a form of InstallShield MSI installers. The new InstallShield MSI installer does not require .NET framework to be installed on the computers, bypassing the security vulnerabilities of the .NET framework. The new InstallShield MSI installer comes with the same functionality and features as the regular Microsoft MSI installer.
For InstallShield MSI installer availability, please contact email@example.com.
The MSI installer is compatible with Microsoft SMS/SCCM, Zenworks, and Marimba.
The MSI install has the following installation features:
msiexec /i "[PATH]\BlackIceColorPlus_X1.msi" CUSTOMINI="[PATH]\BuAiniNT.ini" REGNUM="XXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX"
Please contact sales for more technical details on the MSI installer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printer Driver MSI Installer Logging Registration Process
The Black Ice Printer Driver MSI Installer includes detailed logging of the registration process, in order to facilitate System Administrators and System Integrators to determine the success or failure of the automated Printer Driver Registration, in large scale deployments. The improved registration logging in the Printer Driver MSI Installer creates a BiPDMSIRegistrationDataLog.txt named log file automatically in the User’s temp folder.
(for example: c:\Users\Administrator\temp\BiPDMSIRegistrationDataLog.txt)
Requirements and Supported installation methods
Supported Installation methods using Group Policy Deployment;
Additional supported installation method;
Installing Black Ice products on Azure Windows Virtual Desktop
MSI Installers are available for the following Document Converter Printer Drivers:
MSI Installer samples are available for OEM Printer Drivers!
For MSI Installer availability, contact email@example.com.