Technical support requests for Black Ice Software are provided through email free of charge to companies who have purchased a Black Ice application and have a current technical support contract. Black Ice Software will provide limited technical support for purchases of a Black Ice Software product made without a support contract. Limited support includes setup and usage assistance only. All technical support requests should be submitted via our online form. Online form submission is necessary in order for our technical support team to monitor the status of open issues through the assigned tracking number and to make sure that all of the pertinent details are obtained in writing for reference by our technical support team.
Technical support requests are answered on a first-come, first answered basis, with the exception of customers with Priority Technical support plans, which are answered first. All technical support requests will be answered within 24 hours, usually much sooner. In order to better help our customers, we ask that they provide as much information as possible for each new incident that is being reported. Guidelines for submitting technical support requests can be found below.
Guidelines to submit technical support questions for Developer Tools
A detailed description of your environment such as:
- Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012/2008 R2/2008 or Windows 11/10/8/7 as well as service pack number.
- Windows 32-bit or Windows-64 bit version.
- Operating System Language, for example, Chinese.
- Product name such as ColorPlus Printer Driver, or else.
- The version number of the product, date of purchase, or invoice number.
- Detailed step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue.
- If related to the issue, the number of CPUs, and Memory on the computer.
- If applicable, the virtualized environment, such as Citrix, VMWare, Azure, or else.
- In the case of the Printer Drivers,
- Provide detailed information of the driver configuration and properties setting (screenshots of the printer preference tabs are recommended).
- If the problem is specific to a printed document please e-mail the document.
- If the generated image does not look as it should please e-mail it.
- Name and version of the printing application(s) used
- In the case of Development Tools,
- What development language is used such as C#, C++, VB, or else.
- What is the specific function that does not work.
- What is the input to the function.
- What is the return value of the function if any.
- If applicable, your observations.
- In some cases, why do you think the function should work differently.
- In some cases, what you are trying to accomplish.
- In some cases, sample code if requested.
The more details you give us the faster we can respond to you.