New Vista Compatible 32 bit Printer Drivers
|Further Information: Amanda Dresser|
|Black Ice Software LLC. 561-757-4107|
Black Ice Software Announces New Vista Compatible 32 bit User-Mode Printer Drivers.
Amherst, NH Feb 1, 2007 -- Black Ice Software, LLC (“Black Ice"), a worldwide provider of imaging, printing and communication applications and development tools, today announced the release of Vista Compatible 32 bit User-Level version of their Monochrome, Color, ColorPlus, EMF and PDF Printer Drivers.
- There is less potential for causing a system crash using the new 32 bit User-Level drivers over Kernel-mode drivers.
- Microsoft Windows Vista now supports only user-mode printer drivers making kernel-mode drivers incompatible on your new Vista system.
- The new drivers offer simple migration to Windows Vista.
- There is unlimited stack space while using the drivers.
- Due to new security reasons, Microsoft no longer recommends kernel-mode drivers on any of their platforms. Any drivers running at the Kernel level is at risk for security flaws.
About Black Ice Software, LLC
Black Ice Software (http://www.blackice.com), is an Amherst, NH based, privately-held software development company, established in 1989. Black Ice Software develops high- quality development toolkits for printer driver technology, fax, voice, and imaging development toolkits and applications used across the globe by e-commerce organizations, system integrators, VARS, and financial corporations, including some of the world’s most prominent companies.